PRICING FOR PRIVATE WEEKLY LESSONS
• 30 minutes: $33.75
• 45 minutes: $50.62
• 60 minutes: $67.50
• One-time registration fee: $25 per family
Tuition does not include teaching materials or the use of a musical instrument. Students are responsible for the purchase or rental of all books, accessories and instruments required for their lessons. The Music Tree provides pianos, amplifiers, and drums for use during lessons.
Registration obligates a student to payment for a full semester/quarter of lessons, whether attended or missed. Late entries are prorated. Semesters/quarters are based on calendar quarters:
Winter Semester: January – March Summer Semester: July – September
Spring Semester: April – June Fall Semester: October – December
Current students are automatically re-registered and billed for the next semester on the 25th of the preceding month. A $75 cancellation fee will apply to each student who discontinues lessons before the end of the semester.
• The amount due at registration will include the $25 registration fee and tuition for lessons during the current month only (unless enrolled on or after the 25th of the month, when the upcoming month’s tuition will also be due).
• Upon registration, all students are required to place a credit card on file with The Music Tree, and are responsible for notifying The Music Tree of any changes to the card. This requirement is waived with payment in full for the semester.
• Cash, check, and debit card payments for the next month’s tuition are accepted in store and by phone until the 25th of the current month. A $35 fee will apply to returned checks and declined credit cards.
• On the 25th of each month, tuition for the next month is automatically billed to the credit card on file unless another form of payment has already been made.
• Any payment made after the 25th of the current month will result in a $25 late fee, and may result in the forfeiture of the student’s scheduled lesson time and instructor.
• Notify The Music Tree via email (email@example.com) before the 25th of the current month if you do not wish to continue lessons into the next month/semester. No cancellations are accepted or refunds made for the next month’s lessons after the 25th of the month.
ABSENCES & MAKE-UPS
• Make-up lessons may only be requested when the office has been notified of the upcoming absence at least 24 hours in advance. Same-day cancellations and no-shows will forfeit the opportunity for a make-up lesson.
• Each student is allowed one make-up lesson per semester/quarter, scheduled at the instructor and teacher’s mutual convenience.
• Lessons cancelled due to inclement weather or teacher unavailability will be rescheduled during the semester at a time agreed upon by the teacher and student.
• Lessons falling on national holidays when the store is closed will not be billed or made up. Refer to the school calendar online for a complete list of these dates.
• The Music Tree reserves the right to substitute a teacher in the event of teacher illness or unavailability.
• Students are required to adhere to the practice regimen prescribed by their instructor. Adult supervision during practice time is often required for young beginners.
• All students give The Music Tree to include their picture or likeness in any form of The Music Tree’s advertising or media.
• Lesson packages purchased at a promotional price must be used within 31 days of purchase.
• To guarantee efficient communication, all communication between students, families, and instructors must go through The Music Tree office. The Music Tree parents/students are prohibited from soliciting instructors for services offered by The Music Tree, without express written consent of The Music Tree.